TURKEY DAY TREAT-NEIL KRUG

Seeing as it's 1:00 am, Turkey Day has officially passed. But I had to leave you guys with a little something special...just in case your feeling kind of lazy after downing six plates of your grandma's finest.~kebah

To me, photography is about freezing a moment perceived as beautiful or intriguing in the eyes of the artist. How can one TRULY capture the sentiment of an experience in a single frame? I sometimes feel as if a picture would be more accurate if it could somehow also show the peripheral aspect of a moment. But, for some odd reason, I never feel this way with Neil Krug. His photos always give off this overwhelming sense of authenticity, nostalgia, warmth and truth. Here are some of my favorite shots by him.
*CLICK TO ENLARGE*








Anyways...these photos do not suffice. You must check out his Flickr...every image will leave you inspired. And this is a commercial for his book PULP ART.

p.s. Devendra Banhart's show was fabulous on Tuesday...had a lot of fun...wish I took my camera. AND AND AND, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR ISSUE 03...IT'S GOING TO BE SOOOO COOOOOOL!